Monday, January 25, 2010

My First Blog...I'm nervous and not sure of what I am doing.

January 25, 2010

I wanted to respond to several post on Beth Moore Living Proof Ministry Blog for Scripture Memory and always using Anonymous to respond even with listing my name location just didn't seem right. So I created me a google account but could not think of a blog name that made sense of who I am at the time...however here I am since God finally revealed my blog name to me the title of Sylvia's Song...which will be a variety in the music of life to post.

As a young child music spoke to me in such a unique way. This past weekend I was blessed to get to attend Beth Moore and Living Proof Ministries 2009 Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration in the Fellowship Hall of Houston's First Baptist Church. This was rather nostalgic as my husband, Les and I were blessed to be part of Water'sEdge Sunday School Class Beth taught from 2000 until May 2006 when God led Beth in other directions.

There were only 507 ladies from 42 states including Alaska and Hawaii plus a lady from Alberta, Canada. The glue that bled through each of us is a deep desire to meditate and hide God's word in our hearts and know him better in our lives. This group was smaller than Water's Edge normal Sunday School Class which average around 850 each Sunday more or less. The intimacy was amazing we experienced this past Friday night and Saturday morning with each other and the staff and volunteers.

God has me in a season of rest right now and I wasn't sure I would be able to go...I was so richly blessed from being able to participate for the entire event. Jane H. reminded me a few months ago I had to miss the Saturday morning portion and now God was giving it back to me with SMT Celebration Saturday morning. I was so blessed to see the courage and strong spirit of almost 200 ladies traveled by themselves just to attend this event. It truely was the Siestaville Community and there are no strangers. We are just now meeting face to face who we have dialoged with for at least a year etc.

From conversations I had with Annie's Eyes, Angie XOXO plus Beverly Brandon and Jane Herring God gave me the name Sylvia's Song when I returned home Friday evening. Beth gave a teaching on Psalm 119 which has 176 verses for this conference which gave us all a new perspective on this amazing Psalm. Travis Cottrell was there to lead in worship and KMac and Lisa Pierre gave him back up and were awsome. The direction of musical worship that Travis guided the group in was so annointed. Over my lifetime God has spoken to me through music many times; this weekend was no exception. Whala "Sylvia's Song...for the songs I must Sing"

Many more blogs to write now this one is my Genesis or shall I say my very humble beginning to see where God is directing me. Thanks for visiting my blogspot.

Grace and Peace,
Sylvia

4 comments:

  1. God gave you a beautiful name. I knew He would. Music is the one of the rare and beautiful things we will take with us to heaven, so "Sylvia's Song" is absolutely perfect! Annette H. came in Saturday morning at the end of the session when we were singing "In Christ Alone" and she said the power of the Spirit was so thick, she felt His palpable presence.

    I can't wait to hear more of God's revelation to you! I'm putting your blog in my RSS reader.
    Love you, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sylvia!
    I'm SO happy for you. I look forward to hearing what your heart sings!
    Love,
    Angie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat Sylvia! I am excited to read and meditate on the work the Lord is doing. I think of you so often. Your faith and joy during this long road is an inspiration to me. Helps me to "keep moving forward"

    ReplyDelete