Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sylvia Song of January 2010

Wow! January is about to turn the page with the Song of Sylvia
History of 2010.
Let me say first, I know I am blessed but have emotions and feelings that question that statement. Part of me says the way January began this year can only get better.

The truth is though I have lived through some difficult moments in January, I've had some deep Joyful moments too. God allowed me to experience some unusual significant health challenges and miss my grandson, Micah's birthday party in Fort Worth for two years in a row now.

Even in the midst of my health issues God showed off with some major miracles for me. These miracle testimonies will pop up as the year progresses. I am taking time to notice and pay attention to what is happening in my life so that I can re-member well. The REST of God brings such refreshing restoration that helps me persevere for God's best in my life.

During this month my Heavenly Father allowed me to experience the most JOYFUL moments when I attended the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Celebration with Beth Moore and Living Proof Ministries Staff. The same weekend I attended my youngest grandson, Cooper's 2 Birthday Party in Houston.

I am praising God that I am getting much stronger health wise and learning much from this experience. Hiding God's Word in my heart is significant to growing me in my faith and walk with Jesus Christ. Beth challenged me to do that last year and Oh, how blessed I am because I took the challenge. I desire to continue the scripture memory two verses a month. One scripture to post Day 1 of the month and another scripture to post Day 15 of the month.

I committed to scripture meditation not scripture memory. So if you are concern about committing to scripture memory go for scripture meditation. Post it in the comment section of this blog by entering your name and location that we can get to know one another. Post your verse as I write my verse each month and pick up an index card spiral and write it there that you can keep this spiral in with you. If you would like more info on the spiral let me know. My writing skills frustrate me and with God's Grace maybe you understand what I just wrote. I promise to work to improve my writing skills.

Thank you for going on this journey with me and your kindness to make comments that I know someone is actually reading what God gives me to write. To be completely transparent, this blog is a personal challenge for me to accomplish and gives me a place to be accountable in scripture meditation and memory. The most important person to read this blog is my Heavenly Father. I write to please Him and Give Him Glory. If you are blessed in the process I am eternally grateful for God's Grace and Mercy.

1 comment:

  1. You write beautifully, Sylvia, with a transparent heart that glorifies Him so! Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete