Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1 - Hebrews 10: 35

Greetings Blog World...I sing a song today of Hebrews 10:35 to meditate on and hide these words permanently in my heart from the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible.


So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. Hebrews 10:35 (NIV)


Yes, this is a very short verse and yet there is much to meditate on with only those few words. I know what is coming in verse 36 but choose to use that verse as my other verse for February. I learned from 2009 not to give myself too much to memorize as I began to understand what I need to do as I meditate.


I know my only confidence as I have known confidence from childhood is in Jesus. With that confidence requires obedience.


I invite you to write your verse in the comment section with your name and location that we may encourage one another to know God at a deeper level.


As was taught by Beth Moore, Living Proof Ministries let me share what I learned. Meditating on God's Word will RENEW my Spirit.


Read your selected scripture out loud over and over this is meditation to Speak His Word.
Examine it carefully. Make sense of it. Who is it written to, is there an order, etc.
Need it - Be sure this is a scripture I need in my life right now.
Echo - Say the scripture out loud as much as possible that you can hear yourself say it.
Wield - the Word. The Word is the Sword of the Spirit. Wield the word FOR someone.


I like to purchase my scripture index card spiral at the office supply store that has colorful plastic cover and insert for the cover. You can be as creative as you like. You can make your own, purchase a index card binder or use that whatever works for you. The point is to keep God's word handy and close by that in 2010 God's Word can be hidden deep within my being that I can grow stronger in Jesus.


I look forward to hearing from you in the comment section. Thanks

7 comments:

  1. Memorizing Scripture this way has several advantages. Even if we haven't quite committed the verse to heart, we have it handy to refer back to in times of temptation or trial. I realized most of the time, I struggle with recalling the verse I need at that moment, but having the spiral nearby and using it can change my heart. I haven't started a spiral for 2010 and your post today reminds me. Love your heart for Him.
    Love, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy you have started a blog! I anticipate some deep thoughts coming my way. Love to you and thank you for all your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, Sylvia, your obedience, faith, and love for our LORD is such an encouragement and inspiration. It will be exciting to see how this progresses and the hearts it blesses! Bottom line, we know our FATHER is blessed.
    Love, Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sylvia! What a wonderful thing to do! There is NOTHING wrong with your writing skills! :) What an inspiration for 2 meditative verses a month! I almost think I could do that as I can't seem to memorize like I could 40 yrs. ago, ha! I think I'll pull out a journal & start to join you. Wish I had known about this last year, but it's never too late to start! Still praying for your full recovery & hope to see you in S.S. soon! love, Laura C.
    P.S. maybe you can teach those not 'in the know' about blogging too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that should have read 'those of us not in the know' (as in me!) about blogging! :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally figured out how to comment as Jenn and not Greg; so my first comment is on day 1 of your blog. Go Sister Sylvia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear sister Sylvia,
    Thank you, as always, for such encouraging words and for sharing with us your love of Christ Jesus. You are indeed giving Him all the glory in the song of your heart by placing His Word there! Amen to that dear friend. The Lord continue to bless and richly reward you!
    Love and miss you, Jane

    ReplyDelete