Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15th Scripture Meditation and/or Memory

Hebrews 10:36 (NIV)
You need to PERSEVERE so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

This scripture is a word to me to PERSEVERE. God's WORD is so healing and helpful to remind me of HIS Faithfulness.

If you would like to join me on this journey feel free to post the verse God has called out to you in the comment section of this post.

List your scripture address with translation used.
the scripture
your name
location

I will keep today's entry on top and in my index card spiral for these next few weeks for undivided focus.

March 1 another scripture will be added to our meditation/memory collection. If the verse that God has provided me helps you then by all means use that verse. God's word is for EVERYONE

The discipline of this exercise in 2009 blessed me beyond measure. I invite those of you who hear God calling you to join me on this journey too.

Scripture Meditation and/or Memory is a Song I Must Sing.

3 comments:

  1. As I laid in my bed this morning I tried to remember my Scripture memory verses from last year. I couldn't remember all of the addresses and will make it a priority to review them after I post this comment. I'm not quite ready to add any more yet. I have too much meat! :)
    Have a nice day! I see snow falling ever-so gently out my window. Wish you could see it now!
    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am taking the year off on the official Scripture memory, I found verses this week I want etched on my heart. In 2 Timothy 3, Paul marks the characteristics of latter days, and he warns against so many prevalent sins of today--in particular, "Having a form of godliness but denying its power...have nothing to do with them." John Piper has some "fighter verses" he offers on his website "Desiring God."

    Persevere is a good word this morning to me. Blessings in your continued memorization of His Word. You have an anointing from the Holy One to know Truth-I John 2:20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang & Annette,

    Thank you for encouraging me on my journey of Truth to know Him.

    A Song I love to sing for Siesta's who bless me Praise, Glory and Honor to our LORD.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete