Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rest in the WORD

Currently God has Sylvia in a Season of Rest. The enemy has such a fix that even in my period of rest I end up overdoing and then have to re-evaluate the new normal God has planned for me. Too often I would rather act on my "need driven activities" than just save myself for God's "Spirit Driven Activities". Huge mistake, forgive me LORD.

This happened again yesterday. A precious long time friend lost her husband to cancer in late January. Today she is having a Celebration of Life Service in the chapel at our church. My health is improving and thought yesterday I would be strong enough to go if I took it easy the day before.

Late yesterday afternoon I was blessed to see my daughter and 2 year old grandson for a brief visit. Family blesses me and the joy of a precious two year old little boy having his latte (milk w/whip cream) with G.G.and her coffee so precious not to mention just spending time with my daughter.

In my joy to be with them plus all the earlier days activities by mid evening while watching the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics I began to realize that one more time I had overdone it. I was in such denial I thought maybe after a good night rest I will be better.

I am better but not enough as I felt my knee and leg when I got up this morning God confirmed it. I would be pushing it today to attend this Celebration of Life Service. I know where my focus needs to be and remind myself of that daily and yet the problem is I get distracted from my focus so easily.

God uses all kinds of situations to say "Sylvia just Rest in Me" Be still and know that I am.

Earlier this week I completed reading for the first time "The Rest of God" Restoring your Soul by Restoring you Sabbath by Mark Buchanan. This book has opened my eyes in many directions of learning how to fully REST in Jesus. This is my first read of the book which took four months because it was such a poignant read for me...definitley not the last time I read it either.

So today God is calling me early to a Valentine Song of Love... Be Still and REST Know that I AM.

This weekend of Valentine Weekend I pray you and I allow God to wrap HIS warm and loving Presence all over us that brings a REST that rejuvonates. I am reminded as His child I am passionately and dearly loved by my Heavenly Father.

That's right can you hear, listen to the Music God is playing just for us right now. Be Blessed from the Music today.

Lord You are Holy....Help me to Worship You today and Seek more of you in my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment