Thursday, January 28, 2010

Silent Night...Sabbath Time

God is whispering in my ear "Be still and know that I Am God." from Psalm 46:10

It is taking me a lifetime to begin to understand Sabbath. Yes God has seriously been calling me to a season of rest for some time. As 2010 began the music was playing at the forte level. I developed a complication on Jan 5, 2010 from a simple outpatient surgery during the holidays. I am improving a little bit each day however, when I think I am pacing myself well, before I realize it I have overdone it. As the saying goes one step forward and two steps back or maybe just the reverse. This week is no exception to having difficulty giving up what I learned so well growing up.

It is time now for me to go and elevate my right leg but I wanted to create a post for this blog before I turn off the computer. I am going to rest and as I do so read a few more pages from "The Rest of God" by Mark Buchanan then review my scripture memory for January the two verses I posted yesterday.

Thank you for your patience as I learn how to be a blogger to the Glory and Praise of Jesus Christ my LORD. Any of you who read this and could offer some tips, etc in creating a interesting blog or response to what I have written, please leave comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment