Saturday, March 27, 2010

Recent Experience with The Holy Scripture

Last fall God began preparing me for a season of rest. Significant life blows began happening along with miracles as well. Finally the first week of this year the heaviest blow showed up. It has been my experience when the pain gets deep enough I am then finally willing to do whatever it takes to get better.

Let me just say for sometime God has been calling me to slow down...I was unable to do that on my own so God did it for me. It was necessary for me so I would have the opportunity to heal well and come back better. Now almost three months later I am coming back and yet still frustrated with myself that I am not completely well. Slow healing usually generate a sustained healing over the long term of life. God is still growing my character in the Patience department.

Since January 1, 2010 I began reading The Message by Eugene Peterson. Today I began 1 Samuel and know I have much to learn from this book. Interestingly enough as I read the Books of the Law and now reading History, in these Old Testament books I see so many jewels of scripture that apply to me in my current life situations. Example: One takeaway from Deuteronomy "God takes you out so He can bring you back in a much better person, etc." Well, this past January God certainly took me out and I have learned much that only because I am going through it I have a fresh depth of understanding that can only be learned by the experience. This has created a new freedom with the Lord as I have walked this experience.

I've always loved the Book of Joshua as it repeatedly reminds me to be strong and of good courage. I recognize I really am my own worst enemy. Yes, we all have issues but the truth is each one of us does everyday exactly what we want to do. So yes, I am my own worst enemy.

The Book of Judges was a difficult read. The children of Israel looked good on the outside and did what God had instructed and yet on the inside their heart was not right as they had never repented of their sins. I realize for lasting sustaining change I must be changed from the inside out. That is a significant message from Judges. We all must be changed from the inside out. Our society promotes looking good etc at all costs. Some people look good but are very deceiving of their motives. Lord change me from the inside out.

The Book of Ruth oh, how I enjoy a good love story of Ruth and Boaz and yet the Book of Ruth is so much more. Dr. Larry Crabb writes in 66 Love Letters "Consider Ruth. She faced overwhelming disadvantages. Poverty, Racism (Israel hated Moab. Ruth was a Moabitess.) No job prospects. Widowed. But she valued relationships over advantages. With only a beginning sense that I was there, her thirst for relating well led her toward loyalty to Naomi and faith in Me. She made choices that, unless I existed and had a loving plan for her, would have been foolish. No one can value relationships over advantages without faith that I am at work, moving toward a happy ending that justifies present troubles."

I keep thinking I will create a post during the week and somehow before I know it I am realizing it is Saturday evening and I am seeking to discover "Sunday's Song" for this blog.

The bottom line as I read scripture is the Maker of Heaven and Earth created me with His purpose for my life. It is all about my Creator and His call on me to Trust Him in faith believing and learn to Be Holy because The Maker of Heaven and Earth, my Creator is a Holy God. With this thought and tomorrow is Palm Sunday I will now go searching for the Song I must sing for this 2010 Palm Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment