Saturday, March 6, 2010

We will Remember...Valerie & Ryan's 7th Wedding Anniversary Today March 7th



Today is the seventh wedding anniversary of Les and my youngest daughter, Valerie and her husband, Ryan. I recall it had rained all week long this time in 2003. A garden wedding at Shirley Acres was on the venue. On March 6th at the rehearsal we were chattering our teeth as the sun set and we practiced outside how the wedding would flow the next evening. We were warmed by loving friends and family participating in the wonderful event.

Then as dawn broke on March Seventh the sky was still overcast. While we were at the Bride's luncheon my dear friends Judi and Suzanne provided for Valerie and her bridesmaids the sun broke out. What joy we experienced as we sat around the table bathed in the sun beams through the windows in the home of Judi in her formal dining room. Suzanne joined Judi to provide this very special party. The table was so elegantly and exquisitely decorated with their china, crystal and silver as the ladies served a delicious brunch.

After Valerie had presented the bridesmaids with their gifts she surprised Ryan's mother as well as me with our own Tiara. Every female wants to feel special like a princess. Valerie already had her Tiara with her veil attached for her wedding. Now the Mother of the bride had a Tiara as well. Valerie requested we wear our Tiara's for the wedding. I agreed to wear it at the reception and so enjoyed the experience.

By late afternoon Les and I along with my sister, Nina from Missouri were on our way to Shirley Acres for this amazing wedding and have the mulitude of pictures taken before the wedding. At first when Valerie and Ryan wanted to have the wedding here I wasn't so sure about it. As the event concluded I realized that was the best way to ever do a wedding. I was able to really enjoy it as Shirley Acres took care of so many issues.

Valerie older sister, Vicki not only was her matron of honor but also signed a song during the wedding ceremony. I am so thankful for God's faithfulness and the love I see my two daughters share with each other.

Most of all the wedding was Valerie and Ryan's what they wanted to experience. It was so lovely and such a fun event. So many guest commented on how much fun they had at the wedding and also how good the food was as we did a sit down dinner and dance after the garden wedding.

I will remember God's faithfulness in seven years for Valerie and Ryan and eleven years for Vicki and Brandon. I also must add God's faithfulness after five years God brought Cooper into our family. I cannot imagine life without my now three precious grandchildren. Two from Vicki and Brandon and one from Valerie and Ryan.

I must also remember that March 7th not only is Val and Ryan's wedding anniversary but also Ryan's birthday. It was Ryan's choice to have the wedding also on his birthday. So today I also celebrate my Son-in-love, Ryan's 30 something birthday. Happy Birthday!

I will remember God and his faithfulness in so many areas of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! What a very sweet post about your children and what meant so much to all of you on their special day! Just came by to say that you are awfully sweet! And so easy to Love!!! Love you Lots, Bev

    ReplyDelete