Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to My First Born - Victoria Lesa

July 12, 1972, I was pregnant with Les and my first child. The baby was two weeks late.  Les had to force my swollen feet into my shoes for the last month or so.  I was so tired of family and friends calling to see if I had delivered our baby yet. I was so ready to see my feet again and get back into regular clothes.  This was Wednesday, I think my regular doctor day. This day my blood pressure had begun to rise and the only way the doctor said to eliminate that was to deliver the baby and to report to the hospital at 6 a.m. the next morning.

Thursday, July 13, 1972,  As Les and I were driving from Garland, TX over to St. Paul's hospital in Dallas near Love Field, I was excited and yet very scared not really knowing exactly what to expect that my experience would be in "delivering a baby" even with the lamaze class. I just thought about all the incredible pain and war stories I had heard from my friends and others.  At that point if there was any way I could have gotten out of delivering this baby to avoid the pain I would have done it in a New York minute. However, I was also excited to finally discover what it was like to hold my baby. Yes, this would fulfill another one of my life long dreams. After I met the man of my dreams and married. I desparately wanted a big family.  I loved children and I wanted my own.

I was blessed to only experience hour and half of hard labor before Victoria Lesa announced her arrival in this world with that beautiful cry. At the time I didn't know that the doctors and nurses knew what the gender of the baby was according to the heart beat and blood pressure as during labor. Dr. Nabors commented as we moved from the labor room on to delivery that the last boy had been delivered so this would have to be a girl. And yes it was my precious Victoria who changed Les and my life forever on that day.  We are so blessed to have the privilege our first born daughter.

Today, my first born is a beautiful wife to Brandon and mother to 7 year old son, Micah and 5 year old daughter, Lauren . I am so thankful for God's Grace and Mercy as he grew Les and my family beginning with Victoria who changed my life forever in such a wonderful way.



This is a Song of Love I must Sing Happy Birthday to Victoria Lesa a.k.a. Vicki who by her self and through her own family has brought tremendous joy to my world.  Happy Birthday!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment